Sunday, April 18

Jack's Birthday Part 1



Saturday, we moved all of our stuff from the apartment to the new house. It took quite a few trips & trucks to get it all done, but we did it! Thanks to all our friends that helped :) 

We took a quick break from working to get a bite to eat & get off our feet. We finished the touch up painting we needed to, got the beds put together, and slept. 


Sunday morning, we got up and got moving. We worked hard to get everything put away, even in a temporary home, for Jack's family & friends cake & ice cream party. I know I'm crazy for scheduling a birthday get together and moving on the same weekend but I wanted my mom to be part of the fun celebrating Jack's birthday. 


We did pretty good :) 



Once the house was put together (kind of), we got cleaned up and I ran to the store to pick up Jack's birthday cake. I wanted to make him a baseball cake like I had done last year, but with the move & my new oven not cleaned to my liking, I figured Albertson's was just as good as a home baked for this year. The cake decorator did a great job making the cake & cupcakes. Jack loved it. 


He was so bummed that I wouldn't let him touch the cake until our guests came and sang Happy Birthday to him. He stood at the table inching closer and closer to the cake, hoping I wouldn't notice. 


It's nice to know he's not scared to get messy like he was on his first birthday. We sang (video coming soon) and he dug right in to a cupcake AND a piece of the baseball AND ice cream. He had green frosting everywhere. 





After cake we opened presents.  


Jack got squirt guns and official tee balls from Heidi & Julie. One pink for Mommy, one orange for Daddy, and one yellow for Jack. 
He also got a slip and slide from Aunt Annie. She said it was so he could learn how to slide into base :) 

Too bad we didn't have a hose at the house. Jack just wanted to try it out, but we convinced him that he could play on it as soon as we got the hose from Grandma Lissa's. 
Then it was time for baseball. Grandpa Ted tried to clarify some of the basic rules of the game with Jack after a few rounds of Jack's version of the game. Then Jack told him how he plays and that was that. They kept playing by Jack's rules. It is sure funny to watch him teach others how to play for both teams at the same time. He doesn't quite understand the concept of getting out, or which way is the right way to run the bases, he just hits the ball & runs. Then changes the rules when there's a new batter. Grandma Becky played too. 



No comments: