Jack and I stopped in Pocatello on our way home from my mom's house to watch Corey play baseball.
Jack got all of the gear he could ever want and need to play ball for his birthday. On Sunday morning I laid out his baseball pants, cleats, socks, BSU t shirt & baseball hat, batting gloves, regular glove, bat & wiffle balls (oh, and baseball themed underwear, too). Jack was so excited to get dressed and go to the field.
During the drive, aside from Jack telling me that he had to go potty but would wait to go at the baseball field because baseball players ONLY went potty at the baseball field, Jax kept asking me if he could go play on the baseball field with his Dad. I told him he could ask when we got there and if Dad said, "yes," he could play, but if Dad said, "no," he'd have to stay with Mom. He repeated it back to me at least 30 times...
"I get to da baseball feowld and I ask my Daddy I can play baseball in da feowld and he say yes den I can and if he say no den I can't, right Mommy?"
We got to the field as the team was warming up. Jack ran right out to his dad & asked if he could play on the big field. Dad said yes and Jack was so happy! He ran around with Grandpa Ted while Dad finished warming up. He was such a big kid out there with all of his stuff on. The whole team loved his baseball gear and was surprised we could find actual batting gloves that fit his tiny hands.
Before we knew it, Jack was decked out in a batting helmet and jersey (#1) to be the bat boy. He did such a good job listening to the team when they told him to go grab the bat and hurry back. He stayed by Dad in the dug out while the team was hitting, then came out of the field to play catch with Grandpa or another guy on the team while Dad was in the out field.
After the game, which BSU won, Jack got his turn at bat. He tried to swing the heavy metal bat but couldn't keep it up off the ground. After switching to his (foam) bat, he did much better. He then ran the bases with dad and slid into home plate. When it was time to go, Jack chose to ride home with Dad & Grandpa. I heard he got a good nap after all that running around :)
No comments:
Post a Comment