Friday, July 17

Cupcakes with Mom

Jack and I made cupcakes for my birthday.
He helped me pick out sprinkles, which he calls parkuls, at the store and enjoyed eating them on the way home. He was the parkul man. I had prepared the pan and when I wasn't looking, he made cupcakes, dapuks. He's so creative!
Unfortunalty, I couldn't let him continue to eat all the parkuls since I needed something to put on the dapuks when they were done. He was sad that I had taken them away. I tried to make him feel better by letting him hold the little spatula to take a picture but he just threw it.
We put all the ingredients in the bowl. Jack helped me count the eggs, un... woo... wee..., and pour the water. Then after two minutes of beating on medium speed, the cake mix was ready to go into the cups!
But we had to take a time out and lick the beaters. As soon as the beater stopped he said, wick? I think he's made a few cakes with me before :)
Then the dapuks baked...
And Jack licked the spatula all clean. I busted up when he got some on his arm and tried to lick it off. It was so funny!
Once the spatulas and Jack were cleaned, he got down off the counter. I watched him grab a bib and climb into his high chair. He then asked for a dapuks but they weren't done baking yet. We took a break from the kitchen (which was getting really hot since it was 95 outside and hotter inside because of the oven) and vacuumed Jack's room with the new vacuum I got for my birthday (thanks Mom!)
After both batches of dapuks were cooked and cooled, I put Jack in a sink full of bubbles and went to work decorating them. I dipped them all in frosting then in pink sugar parkuls. I ran out of pink after 18 (one more and I would've had 19 pink dapuks for my 19th birthday) so I used the other kind. They turned out SO cute!!
Before & After
TADA! 19 perfect dapuks for my birthday!

Jack and I ate dinner then went to bed. I was very happy with my creations and couldn't wait to show my friends in the afternoon.

When I went to make breakfast, I found a disaster. Apparently, the safe spot I had left all my beauties was actually where the sun shines in the morning. All but 5 of my dapuks had melted and were oooey-gooey messes.

:(

These are the survivors
These one's didn't make it.

No comments: