Thursday, March 18

St. Patrick's Day - Part 2



So after I told you all to have a happy St. Patrick's Day, I picked up Jack and we actually had more fun than I originally eluded to. 

First: I had painted Jack's toes green the night before. I try to paint my nails while he sleeping or preoccupied with The Sandlot, but this time he found me in the middle of painting my nails and BEGGED for me to paint his. So I did. I'm a push over. 

What Dad doesn't know, can't hurt him... right?

Jack's favorite food is rice krispie treats. He calls them cupcakes because we put them in the cupcake pan to deter over eating. I have learned that if you don't mention rice krispies, Jack won't know you're planning to make them. 

We had dinner and cleaned up the house a little bit - it was a holiday, no overexertion allowed - and then I slipped up and mentioned the "RK word" to Auntie. Jack got all excited. He climbed onto the counter, grabbed the ingredients out of the cupboard and picked green sprinkles to go on top. 

Side note: sprinkles on rice krispies make them 10x better.

Of course, with it being St. Patrick's day, we couldn't just make plain old rice krispies, we had to spice them up with a little color. 

Guess what color we used... GREEN!

Jack does a good job being patient while everything gets mixed together and assembled. 

He was so excited when they were done. I had him help me put the sprinkles on top (he's good with that task). We finished cleaning up our new mess, and allowed the krispies to cool, and then we each had one, promising to go to sleep and eat more in the morning!

No comments: